Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Guilty Secrets and dinner

Tonight I had dinner with Michael. It was so good to see him, I cannot tell you. I hadn't seen him in almost a week and a half because we've both been so busy with college and stuff. And it felt like we hadn't seen each other in years. Well, at least it felt like that to me, what with everything going on and that whole thing with Kristy, so much has happened.
And you know what really sucked? It would be so nice to be able to tell Michael what's been going on, to get his opinion of it, to just have him listen to me and talk it over with me. But I can't. This really sucks. Sometimes I just feel so guilty over the fact that I have to hide this big secret from him.
And he knows. Over our pasta carbonara, he suddenly asked me, "Are you sure everything's all right?"
"Yeah, everything's fine," I answered. "Just a lot of work, you know...my mind's all on college and classes and papers and reports right now." I laughed. "Not very exciting stuff, but that's college for you."
He reached over and took my hand. "You sure there's nothing else that's bothering you?"
"No...not at all," I said quickly. "What makes you think that?"
He shrugged. "Just... I don't know. You seem a little more distracted than usual. I'm just concerned about you." He shrugged again and smiled at me. "Don't mind me. I'm just happy to see you again after so long. I want to see you happy."
I smiled back at him. "I am happy, Michael." Shit, do I feel guilty right now! "And, you know, as I told you, my relationship with Kristy Helleughes seems to be improving, so all is really good right now."
He smiled again. "I'm glad to know that. Even though she does seem like such a weird chick. That's great, Agatha."
I shrugged. "Yeah, well, one enemy less is one friend more. Or something like that." I laughed. "So how about you? How's that big economics project of yours going? What did the prof say today?"
I wish I could be as open with Michael as he is with me. He tells me... everything. Sometimes I wonder...should I just tell him that I'm a vampire? Sometimes I just really, really want to spill my secret. But something always holds me back. I'm not sure what. I think I'm just afraid he might not love me when he finds out I'm a vampire. That he might think me a freak, something inhumane, like what Kristy thought of me. That he wouldn't love me anymore. I worry that Julie and Solz might freak out too. But I worry more about what Michael might think.
Jeez. It's difficult being a vampire after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home