Sunday, May 15, 2005

Vampire Traits and Vampire Urban Legends

Lately nothing much has been going on...
Solz has just gotten a job as a DJ in Vargrave Club, it just opened up. We're all very excited because that means he can get us all in for free this weekend.
Last night I took Solz, Julie, Paul and a couple of our other friends down to the Red Door. I told Paul the story of how I first discovered this place and he laughed. He said he knew of vampires who just stuck together and didn't mix around with humans - how they have their own clubs and restaurants and all, very Mafia-like. But he rarely hangs out with them. "They're a bit snobby," he said. "They're not really prepared to let in just anyone into their circle. Personally, I'm more of a loner myself."
Hmph. Sounds just like Peter. And possible, Julian. Is that a vampire trait?
But I'm intrigued. Very intrigued. I'd like to meet more vamps. What are they like? Are they all like the vamps I have met so far? Because the ones I do know of aren't too impressive. At least two out of three have a habit of taking off. Or maybe it's just because all the vamps I've met so far are males. After all, it's so like a guy to take off like that. Hmrrph.
Anyway, Paul says he doesn't know much about other vampires here since he just arrived in LA and all a few months ago. I asked him about vampire hunters and he laughed. "I haven't seen any before," he said. "You do hear things, though, from other vampires. Like about vampire hunters or people with names like the Tri-Staker or Howard the Hunter, people who are reputed to be such good vampire hunters that they acquire a sort of legendary myth to their name in the vampire society. But I think it's just hogwash, like urban legends or myths. You know, it's always this vampire's friend's friend's cousin who got killed or whatever. Just a vampire's horror story."
So of course I had to make him tell me all the stories. I mean, c'mon. Urban legends? Myths? They make the best stories! But the drinks arrived then so I'm still waiting to hear those stories. I probably shouldn't - I might not get any sleep after that. But hey - all the more reason to hear the stories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home