Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Guess Who Just Blew Into Town?

It's been a long time since my last entry.
But hey! I have a good reason for that!
Yours truly has met another vampire!
I was out feeding one night, on this woman, in the park. I left her sitting on a bench, a little dazed, still out of it at the moment, and turned around when I saw him. Watching me.
My first thought was "CRAP!" My cover's blown!
And then...I saw that he was just like me.
And honestly, if I didn't have that vampire homing instinct thing, I wouldn't have guessed he was a vampire. I mean, he has the characteristics of what people would usually assume of vampires - skinny, pale, dark hair, like a Hedi Slimane model or something, but other than that, you wouldn't have thought he was a vamp. I wouldn't have. He looked about my age, and he was just standing by a tree, looking on.
"Who are you?" I demanded, after a moment.
He smiled faintly. "I'm me." He glanced for a moment at the woman, and then nodded to me. "Let's go talk somewhere else before she revives."
Hmph. Revive? Is that how he refers to it? Anyway, I follow him away from the park and we went to a diner and sat down and...just talked. (Haha. Two vampires having a chat over Cokes in a diner. How weird is that? We should have alcohol flasks full of blood to spike the Coke with but we didn't and I don't think Coke goes well with blood anyway.)
Anyway, we yakked. And his name is Peter and he's been a vamp for almost two years. Apparently, he's like me - he was made by some other vampire who had just as bad manners as Julian did. What is it with these vamps anyway? They just bite you and leave you - like an asshole kind of guy. Note to vamps reading this: at least try to stick around for a few minutes to explain or something. Or at least leave some kind of manual titled Congrats, I Bit You, You're A Vamp Now or something. Anything.
Anyway, Peter's used to this life now and he left his home (he doesn't say where he's from) about a year and a half ago and he's been wandering ever since, trying to figure out what next. And he's come here now. And met me.
He's a pretty nice guy. Pretty normal, considering what he is now. Gives me lots of tips on being a vampire. Apparently we don't age. At least, he hasn't noted any signs of himself aging. But he's only a two year vamp and I'm barely three months. Give us some time.
I just glanced back at my last entry. It was pretty dark then, wasn't it? But after meeting Peter, I feel a lot better. It's good to be with someone who's been going through the same thing you've been. And he's really nice. And funny. And sweet.
We really should start a Vampire Anonymous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home