Monday, January 10, 2005

I just had my first meal

Or should I say second since technically my first meal was that stray dog which completely sucked. I mean, come on, have you ever tried biting into a stray dog? Do you know how filthy they are? the fleas? the smell? God, I was desperate.
And like I said, thanks to Julian (or so that was what Mr. Hot Vampire who ran off - so typical of boys! shows that all guys, living or dead, are such complete jerks - called himself), I was left without any idea of how to unlive my life - pardon the pun - or any idea of vampire table etiquette. So there i was just sitting in my dinky apartment and noticing that
a) vampires have reflections
b) And boy, do I look good! In fact, far better than i ever have in my entire life, so that explains why Julian-if-that's-his-real-name looked so hot. Vampirism - the new plastic surgery. Works like a charm.
c) the bad news is that I can hear the next door neighbours fighting in louder volume than ever, not to mention all the rats down in the Dumpsters which also means
d) senses are all up, which also means that i can dump the glasses i've been wearing! YES! vampirism has its points!
e) so I wondered if I was stronger now and tried lifting that holey old armchair which Solz promised me he'd come around to help me carry out and down six flights of steps to the Dumpsters.
f) i AM stronger now!
And while I'm admiring my reflection and my new biceps, i got hungry and damn, that is one thirst that even my favourite organic apple juice does not cure. Man, you do not know how bad that is, it got so bad that my apartment walls were like spinning around me. I tried, yeah, the Bad Fairy knew how hard I tried to ignore that damn thirst because I am SO not putting my mouth on another mangy dog and the next thing i know, I had jumped up to the windowsill and I was leaping down from the window, down seven floors, i'm not kidding you, and then next thing i know i was heading towards the park, like I knew where I was just going. It was like some kind of new killer instinct, I kid you not. I seemed to know what to do, where to go, why I was going to the park (safer to hunt there), checking out everyone I passed by and dismissing them as potential victims the way you reject certain fruits at the grocer's, and then bam! I spy this guy in the park and I'm onto him faster than you can say "Holy Jumping Stakes."
And this is when I discover - I can hypnotize with my eyes! and I can grow long canine teeth and flesh out a vein even though I've always failed biology!
And not to mention that blood is not that "elixer of paradise" that they gush about in vampire books and stuff. In fact, it's not even remotely that great. It tastes totally metallic, like iron, for starters. In fact, the only good thing about it is that it totally relives that maddening thirst. And after that you don't feel hungry or thirsty for anything else. And you feel - oh, so powerful after that. Like you can just do anything.
And then I found that I could, like, just look that guy in his glazed eyes and somehow made him not remember a thing of what just happened. I don't know how I did it or how I knew how to do it, I just did it. Then i left him sitting on the ground while I hurried out of that place. I think he'll be okay. I don't know how I know how to do these things. I guess "Julian" must have imprinted some kind of vampire instincts in me when he changed me.
And so this is why I have ended up right now, sitting among all these geeks at a cyber cafe, writing this with a cup of coffee next to me that I have absolutely no interest in drinking. I don't know. I didn't feel like going back to my flat. I don't know what to do, where I'm going. Truth is, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed and scared. Like how you feel when you get out of high school and all these big decisions about which college and what course to take or even if you should go to college. Except this is a thousand times worse. What am I? Am I bad? evil? I'm preying on my own kind. Am I even my own kind anymore?
Fuck it, being a vampire hasn't made life any easier for me, in fact it's given me even more problems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home